Friday, January 23, 2009

Goodbye, Grand Am

On Thursday, I took my car in for an oil change and overall check over. To my shock, my mechanic called to tell me the engine was toast--the head gasket was going. Because of my car's age and the cost to fix it, I am getting a different car. I bought this car from my friend, Amy in March 2002. Here's a photo of me and her, on the day I got the car.

After I drive it home, I took a photo of it in the parking lot.


A couple of photos of it parking in the "usual" parking lot at work. Sadly, it's not going to last long. Smoke has started to come out of the exhaust pipe when I drive. I'll miss not driving it. It was a fun little car.

I will be getting another car in a few days--another Grand Am. Stay tuned for photos of it.

1 comment:

The Rosie Bee said...

I remember when you got your car! :D

-susan

Two kitties in a basket

 Check out this cuteness! Lucy and Ringo both squeezed into the old wicker bed. We've had this bed for many years; it was Benny's wh...