Friday, May 15, 2009

We dodged a bullet

For about six weeks, we have been waiting to see if Jim would keep his job. The parent company of where he works, CNI, announced they would be cutting 20% of all positions. Today all the decisions were made, and Jim is not losing his job! Hooray.

Jim is (obviously!) quite stressed about the situation. He doesn't yet know what new/different job duties he will have, or if his hours will change. Several of his favorite and respected co-workers did lose their jobs, and he's upset about that too. Hugs to you, sweetie.

UPDATE: I just called Jim and he said HALF of his office--20 people--lost their jobs today. Wow. 

No comments:

A Sadie while I work from home

 I could hardly believe my eyes a couple of weeks ago. Sadie came and sat on the futon behind me as I worked from home one day. She'd ne...