I apologize for the late post. I'm running on about two hours' sleep and have to be at work. For a couple of weeks, Tucker's appetite has been slowly diminishing, and his weight has decreased too. I made a vet appointment for tomorrow to have him checked out, but. . .
Last night his breathing appeared labored. We agonized about taking him to the ER, but decided to wait it out. I watched him most of the night.
He is at the vet's now, with fluid build up around his lungs. The vet is going to tap his chest and remove as much fluid as possible, then see how he does.
They think this is related to his lung cancer, but can't be sure. They also can't know when (or if?) the fluid will build up, and if it does, how quickly.
At his age, we want him to be comfortable and happy. We will see how things go one day at a time.
I will keep you all posted once I hear more from the vet.