Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Chewy.com product review: Blue's Kitty Yums

We're excited to be back on Chewy.com's product review list!


This month, we received a package of Blue's Kitty Yums treats in beef flavor.

The good:
  1. They are made in the USA.
  2. Contain no corn, wheat, or soy
  3. Just two calories per treat
  4. Beef is listed as the first ingredient.
The not-so-good:
  1. Maple syrup is listed as the the fourth ingredient. I'm not sure why cat treats need maple syrup added to them.
  2. These treats are semi-soft (sort of like Tender Vittles), which can be hit or miss at our house.

Ringo is excited to be reviewing his first Chewy product. He has been a good eater and was excited when I opened the bag.
Hey mom, what do you have there?

Unfortunately, he would not eat these. I tried a few different times and while he would smell them, he would not take a bite.

What about Sadie, our resident garbage can?
No way, mom. I'm not touching these.
What was a surprise to me was that Benny loved these. He is our pickiest eater, especially when it comes to treats. He usually prefers the crunchy treats, but he loved these. In fact, he gobbled them up so quickly, all of my photos were blurry.
More, please!
So, we are 1 and 2. Perhaps it was the beef flavor that the others didn't like? I admit it's not a flavor I've ever bought much of (Tucker always puked anything with beef, so I was conditioned to stay away from it.)

If your kitties like beef or semi-soft treats, we suggest you give them a try. There are several other flavors too, if beef isn't your thing.

Disclaimer: We were sent one free bag of treats to review. Our opinions are our own, and we were not compensated for this review.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Benny is your connoisseur of donuts, etc. He probably liked the maple syrup. :-)

Roberta said...

I'm glad one of three kitties liked the treats. I think Benny missed his beef. Loved your review.

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith said...

Never a dull moment with kitties. Just when you think you know them :) Never heard of this brand before.

pilch92 said...

I can't believe Sadie wouldn't eat them. Cats always leave us guessing.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I wonder if the syrup is in there to help keep them soft..

Kitty Cat Chronicles said...

Hmm.. we don't much beef in our house either. But we do like soft treats! Great review guys.

Kitties Blue said...

Some of us like soft treats and some don't, but we probably wouldn't eat beef ones either. Thanks for your honest review. XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

A Sadie while I work from home

 I could hardly believe my eyes a couple of weeks ago. Sadie came and sat on the futon behind me as I worked from home one day. She'd ne...