Thursday, January 7, 2016

Thrifty Thursday: Re-painted shelves


This edition of Thrifty Thursday has been in the works for a while. In mid-November, the (old) television in our bedroom stopped working. We decided to remove the entertainment center it was housed in, and mount the tv on the wall.

I bought a small set of shelves to store and display some items at a thrift store. It cost $16.

I made some chalk paint and added some stencils to the shelves. Here is the finished display.

Stencils:

I really like how it turned out! What do you think?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea! That looks fantastic, Probably gives you more functional space too

The Rosie Bee said...

I love, love, love this. It looks great!

pilch92 said...

I think it came out great. Will the kitties leave everything alone? Those doilies look tempting :)

Unknown said...

Once I was driving along a city street and discovered a 1920s metal dish cabinet thrown out with the trash. It was one rusted mess. I took it home and with a little love, sand paper, and paint, it has become a treasure that I have enjoyed for the last5 or so years. Just poppin in to see what is up. http://morningtalkswithjohammers.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry, got distracted by that snazzy 'kitty clothesline' picture hanger to the right. :-)

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I was distracted by that flat screen tv hanging on the wall.. ;)
Great job on the shelves.. they were so dark in that first photo I had no real idea what I was looking at.

(I also like the clothesline photos)

Random Felines said...

adorable - great job

Saku said...

It looks terrific Rene! I like the different sized shelves and it certainly so much nicer now that you've refinished it.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

you did an amazing job! They look great! catchatwithcarenandcody

A Sadie while I work from home

 I could hardly believe my eyes a couple of weeks ago. Sadie came and sat on the futon behind me as I worked from home one day. She'd ne...