Thursday, November 17, 2016

Thrifty Thursday: Book of cat poems


I will confess that this isn't a thrift-store find, but I did buy it secondhand at Half Price Books recently.

I had discovered that T.S. Eliot had written a cat poem about naming a cat. I've always enjoyed his poetry, especially "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock."

I had no idea he'd written a book of cat poems!

The illustrations are done by Edward Gorey, and are fantastic! I will enjoy reading this. This version is dated 1982, and if you can find a copy, you will certainly enjoy it too.



7 comments:

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

This sounds like a great poem. We'll have to look for it.

amyjtoo said...

CATS!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

OMC, what a COOL book! My human wants to track down a copy.

Eastside Cats said...

Yep, I'll search for this while resaling!

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

That was a great find.

Angel and Kirby said...

That is a great fined

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Cat poems and Edward Gorey? Win win!

An evening with Sadie

This is Sadie. My mom's been giving me special treats to get me to some out from under the bed. I love them and come right out. Nom,...