Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Trapping update: Day three

I have a lot of news, some unexpected.

First, I have not trapped any kittens. I haven't even seen them! I've tried two different kinds of bait, sardines and fish Fancy Feast (warmed). Any ideas from those more experienced?

Second, I brought home the male and female last night. Male was VERY unhappy, so I let him out within an hour of coming home. The goofball then got himself stuck inside a trap again, so I let him out. LOL

Now the female. . .



This is NOT a feral cat. 

She is sweet, sat on my lap, purred, rubbed me. She has no interest in going outside. She was once loved and had a home.

It's supposed to turn bitterly cold in a few days. I can't release this sweet cat back outside. Her fur is thin and she is also thin. She's eating 4, 3 oz. cans of food and a nugget of raw since I brought her home!

We are debating our options. . . but know that bringing her in may be in the cards. I have a vet appointment for her today. We'll evaluate her and see what happens. . .stay tuned.

14 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

oh no.. you blogged about it. Looks like you have a fourth cat :)

Eastside Cats said...

Oh, she is a sweetie! I hope the vet gives you positive, happy news about her health. Stinky food works; maybe covering the traps with towels or old sheets will entice the little ones inside. Cats love to find hidey-holes. I know it makes it hard to see inside, but you can figure out if the trap door is closed or not in your set up. My fingers are still crossed!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Do you realize how rare a ginger girl kitty is! You must keep her! Paws and fingers crossed it works out.

Anonymous said...

There is wisdom in the words of Tails from the Foster Kittens. :-)

The Rosie Bee said...

You know what my vote it. :-)

Kea said...

Wow! I don't know what prompted me to stop in today, but I'm certainly glad I did. First, kudos for trapping the mom and dad -- I'm glad they won't be making any more kittens. Second, the female! She's breaking my heart, the sweetie. I truly hope she checks out fine (other than neglect, which TLC will fix) and that she will find her forever home -- whether with you or with other people. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts and hoping things work out, and that you're able to trap the kittens too.

-Kim, Nicki and Derry

Marg said...

Oh I hope you get to keep her. It sounds like she really needs a home. The kittens will come soon, especially if cold weather is coming. They will be extra hungry. Good luck with them and Good job getting the Mom and Dad.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Maybe you will be lucky and the cat is chipped. It is a long shot.

Greg (felinecafe)

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

That poor mom kitty, being homeless like that when she is clearly not an outside-type cat. I'm glad you were able to trap her.

My human has a suggestion for cat trapping food, which comes from experts she knows: KFC. Apparently it is like kitty crack, and from the way we've acted on the rare occasions she brings it home, it's true!

Random Felines said...

we hope the v-e-t visit goes well and she can either stay with you or you can help her find a better place to live than where she was.... hope those kittens pop up but it is harder when it gets colder as they are trying to stay out of the weather.

catladymac said...

Maybe cover the trps with towels that you have rubbed over Mom - so her scent is there for the kittens to get. Good luck - hopefully Mams luck has turned !

Saku said...

I hope you're able to either keep or find her a good home. She so deserves a friendly place to be.

I wonder where those kittens have gone. I sure hope they show up before the cold weather sets in.

pilch92 said...

I agree she needs to stay inside, poor girl.Good luck with the kittens, sorry I have no tips.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You can tell she really wants to stay with you.

Two kitties in a basket

 Check out this cuteness! Lucy and Ringo both squeezed into the old wicker bed. We've had this bed for many years; it was Benny's wh...