Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Guess who came to dinner?

Well, actually it was breakfast, but I got some closer photos of Blackie recently.* He purrs for me now (though I can only feel it, not hear it). It saddens me that he is so nervous and wary about every sound, looking around the backyard when he hears something.


This photo doesn't look like much, he had just rolled on his back to show me his belly!

Enough pets, where's the grub?


I tried putting my foot near him, and it didn't bother him.

*You might notice I have a bowl of dry food. I don't generally like to feed cats dry food. Blackie does get canned food too, but it is more convenient to have plenty of dry food available for him. I don't always see him and I want to make sure he has something to eat when he comes. 

9 comments:

pilch92 said...

Blackie is adorable. I am glad you are taking care of him and he is getting braver.

Anonymous said...

Handsome visitor. Impressive that you can get close enough to feel the purrs.

Eastside Cats said...

Have you TNR'd Blackie? He's a lovely fellow!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

It's sad that Blackie is so nervous - it's a big, dangerous world out there, so I can't blame him, though.

Anonymous said...

Blackie is smart enough not to bite the foot that feeds him.

Marg said...

That is great that you are feeding Blackie. It just takes time and patience and I bet he will be a good friend eventually. Thanks for taking care of him.

The Island Cats said...

We're glad to see Blackie is learning to trust you a little more.

Saku said...

We sure hope Blackie gets less nervous. He must meet up with some less than nice beans.

Thank you for feeding and caring for him.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

any port in a storm.. poor calories are far superior to no calories at all

Two kitties in a basket

 Check out this cuteness! Lucy and Ringo both squeezed into the old wicker bed. We've had this bed for many years; it was Benny's wh...