Wednesday, May 31, 2017

More adventures in felting cat fur

I continue to experiment with felting cat fur. I recently completed a small cat. The fur was mostly courtesy of our friend Connie.



He looks a little sad to me, and he's far from perfect, but I think he's a good first attempt. I added a collar.

I sent a photo to a co-worker and he surprised me by asking to commission a cat to represent his recently deceased cat, who died of cancer. While I don't feel I'm ready for commissions yet, I could not say no to a request like this. I'm working on this one now.


That's a pipe cleaner to mark the tail. Thankfully, the cat was mostly white with a gray tail and a couple small spots of orange. Wish me luck. I hope he will treasure the completed piece.

9 comments:

The Rosie Bee said...

This looks great!

Eastside Cats said...

Oh, poor man, and what a wonderful tribute! I think you're doing a great job.

Cathy Keisha said...

I love those! We picked up a few felted cats at the BlogPaws conference but your's truly are superior and I'm not just saying that.

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

the collar improves it quite a bit. Are you going to retract the back feet of the white kitty?

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

You are dong so well with this!

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

I think those look amazin'. My peep knits but she has never felted. Personally, I don't think Peep #1 is up to the task. MOUSES!

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

That is amazing! Great job.

The Island Cats said...

We think that cat is great!

Roberta said...

I think your first attempt is just pawsome and your co-worker will be over the moon with his felted kitty. I see a business venture here.

Two kitties on the porch couch

Ringo and Lucy both love to sneak out on the porch anytime they can (with sneak meaning that Jim opens the door for them).