Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thrifty Thursday: Citywide rummage sale event

Every year I visit my parent's town for their annual citywide rummage sale event. I go with my sister and anyone else who wants to come along. This was my 14th year! 

It makes me giggle to see some of the street corners packed with signs. If one sign is good, a dozen signs are better!



It is interesting to see some of the oddities for sale.or instance, this bag of cotton from medicine bottles (it was the second year this woman had this for sale).

Or one of these "fat-busting" weight loss machines from the 1950s.

I did find a cute t-shirt.

One place had baby socks for free! I use them to make cat toys for the local shelters.

Our crew after 8 hours of rummage sling. My niece, me, and my sister Jill with our rolling bags.

7 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

What a fun tradition. Did you find any cat pins?

Eastside Cats said...

Free baby socks...SCORE! And I like the t-shirt. Glad you had happy hunting!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

You need a bigger bag! One reason not to live on a corner lot!

M Dawson said...

You sure had a lot of fun. I love the baby socks idea as cat toys and I bet they are durable too!

The Dash Kitten Crew

The Island Cats said...

Now who would buy a bag of cotton from bottles?? Glad you had a fun...and productive time.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Great finds! I think if I went thrifting I would end up bringing home too much.

pilch92 said...

I have that shirt :)

Two kitties in a basket

 Check out this cuteness! Lucy and Ringo both squeezed into the old wicker bed. We've had this bed for many years; it was Benny's wh...