Our friend Amy asked for "equal time for Sadie" on the blog. Sadie has never been much for photos, but even less now that she stays mostly in the bedroom.
I needed to brush Sadie, so I decided to document it just for Amy. To prevent her from hiding or interacting with the other cats, I bring her just outside of the back door.
First, I gather the equipment I need for the job:
First, I gather the equipment I need for the job:
Yes, those are gloves.. Sadie really dislikes brushing, and once she scratched my hand and it got infected, requiring antibiotics. So now I take precautions!
Before brushing.
During brushing.
| I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. |
Are you done yet? Because I'm way done.
The aftermath.
P.s. It's a good thing I didn't take a video of the brushing. Sadie yowls and screams the entire time. I hope our neighbors don't think we're harming our cats; she's that loud!
She is rewarded with many treats afterward, and thankfully, I'm quickly forgiven.
Sadie, we didn't think you could get even more beautiful after that brushing!
ReplyDeleteLovely to see Sadie, and that she got to enjoy some fresh air....even if she may not have appreciated it at the time. :-)
ReplyDeleteI've recently seen a brush that I'd never thought of using for the kitties, and now am on the hunt. We can get a good brushies on all of the cats, but I want them to SWOON! Sadie is adorable!
ReplyDeleteWe saw that warning claw on your glove. Good thing you had protection....
ReplyDeleteSadie hates it! I hate brushing cats as well. One snag and it's all over!
ReplyDeleteooo - the ears of annoyance and the one toenail maneuver - she has skills :)
ReplyDeleteAll that work (and screaming) was worth it - you look fab, Sadie!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Binga is not a big fan of brushing either. Fortunately, she is not quite as fractious as Sadie. She does scream sometimes when she gets a nail trim.
Sadie doesn't like bein' brushed? MOUSES! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE combin', for sure. I guess this is a kind of to-each-his-own thing, huh? purrs
ReplyDeleteShe looks so innocent. My Snowball is like that too, but luckily her meows are barely audible.
ReplyDeleteOh Sadie! We're sorry you don't like to be brushed. We like it, but only for a few minutes before we say we've had enough.
ReplyDeleteOh Sadie, we understand. While Sasha and Sami are quite happy to be brushed, Saku hates it. You're a smart kitty though...you've figured out how to get extra treats :)
ReplyDeletethat one claw warning shot is awesome. I'm sorry Sadie, but I hope you at least feel better for what you went through.
ReplyDeleteThe second to the last picture of Sadie made me laugh. She looked absolutely livid but, oh so, adorable. Mommy did a great job.
ReplyDelete