Saturday, November 22, 2008

More kitten mania







I can't help it. I see Sadie do such adorable things, and it reminds me of all the cats I've owned/had during my life. A very special cat, Berries, was one of them. She was my childhood cat that, after years of begging, my parents agreed to let me have. I took complete responsibility for her, including feeding, playing, and litter box duty. I even paid for her spay myself ($47 at the time). Berries live to the ripe old age of 19. Though she's been gone almost three years, I think of her almost every day. Enjoy these kitten photos of her.
Photo captions
TOP: The first photo ever taken of Berries, before I even owned her. This was taken at about the age of six weeks at the house where the litter was born. Even though she was so tiny, her easy-going personality is apparent in this photo.
MIDDLE: My sister Cheryl took this photo the first full day we had her, May 6, 1987. That's my leg in the photo. There's a yellow kitchen timer in the lower right of the photo. We had to go to school that day and the timer reminded us to get ready for the bus.
BOTTOM: Berries around six months old. Her first name was Jasper (which I'd painted onto her play box) but shifted to Jasberries and then just Berries.

No comments:

A Sadie while I work from home

 I could hardly believe my eyes a couple of weeks ago. Sadie came and sat on the futon behind me as I worked from home one day. She'd ne...