Monday, December 29, 2008

Peppermint patty treat bags

I've had some time to try some crafts. I made some decorated peppermint patties and bagged them in cellophane bags. (This idea wasn't mine, but something I'd seen on Splitcoaststampers.)
The day after Christmas, I found some Martha Stewart glitter on clearance at Wal-mart. The package contained six colors, including green, red, copper, and clear, along with a glue pen. The red glitter was the inspiration for this project.
Using a 1 3/8" circle punch, I cut a white piece of cardstock. I used a cupcake stamp (Inkadinkadoo), colored with markers, and embellished with red glitter. I then used Stampin' Up's scalloped circle punch to cut a piece of pink cardstock (Pretty in pink, SU). Glue the white cardstock to the pink. Take two completed scalloped circles and glue one to each side of a peppermint patty. Put in a cellophane bag and tie with a ribbon.

No comments:

Finally Friday from ridiculous Ringo

 I was on a work trip last week to Pennsylvania. It was a four day, three night whirlwind where I met tons of people and got many good conta...