Friday, March 6, 2009

What does a kitten in a onesie look like?


Sadie was not liking her E collar; she removed it three times in 12 hours. She spent the day at the vet's so she could be monitored, but with the weekend coming we had to think of something else. Megan the cat lady to the rescue! Megan suggested using a human baby onesie (cutting out a hole for the tail).

I had a few giggles at Target while I was comparing sizes, weights, and styles of onesies next to the other women shopping. If they only knew I was buying these for a cat!

While the onesie doesn't fit perfectly, it seems to be working. She's not thrilled about it, but she's kept it on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brings entirely new meaning to my usual comment of "Poor, baby kitty."

Impressive that Megan came up with the idea - and that Sadie seems to be accepting it.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to try this. Great idea.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to try this. Great idea.

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

What a neat idea! especially if it works! Does this mean costumes are in the future? ((shudder))

gazookeeper@gmail.com said...

I'm going to buy a onesie tomorrow! Had my kitty spayed 2 days ago and she's started licking the stitches. Thanks for the idea.

Unknown said...

Did this keep yours from licking? I had my 5 month old spayed a week ago and apparently she’s at that itchy stage. She still tries to lick and the cone hits/rubs her staples at times! We still have a week to go before the staples come out. . . . . 😕

Two kitties in a basket

 Check out this cuteness! Lucy and Ringo both squeezed into the old wicker bed. We've had this bed for many years; it was Benny's wh...