Sunday, May 10, 2009

More Grandma news

I had hoped that, by now, I'd be able to report on her rehab progress. But, unfortunately, things are not so rosey. She was taken to the ER Saturday afternoon and given a battery of tests, due to the fact that she is hallucinating. Her vitals were steady, the tests came back negative, and she was taken back to the nursing home.

She spent the night yelling (at her hallucinations) and trying to remove her catheter, and the nursing home staff has moved her to a private room. My sister, Cheryl, and her general practitioner are going to check on her regularly today.

More prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated. It's frustrating not knowing what's going on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rene,
Sorry you did not have a happier birthday. I will continue to pray for your Grandma and your family. Hang in there!
Denise

The Rosie Bee said...

I'm sorry to hear the news. :/ You and your family are in my prayers.

Susan

Amy said...

I know how scary it was the time my dad was in the hospital and acting similarly - until they finally found the parathyroid problem. Hang in there.

Trust that she is in good hands, and God will guide the doctors to find an answer. *hugs*

Two kitties in a basket

 Check out this cuteness! Lucy and Ringo both squeezed into the old wicker bed. We've had this bed for many years; it was Benny's wh...