Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A lesson in coloring kitties

First, to answer Natalie's question, yes, for the most part, Tucker is a big ol' sweetie. He used to be quite feisty when he was younger but has mellowed out quite a bit. He still has his moments (I can't have bare feet near him. He's always wanted to bite my big toe for some reason), but he just wants to be near his people and be loved.

Today I have a "lesson" in coloring kitties. Many of you may know that one of my hobbies is rubber stamping. I enjoy coloring in images with Prismacolor pencils. Here, I colored in the first layer of colors in this cute cat image.

Then, I blend the colors with a blending stump and Goo Gone.

I'll add another layer of colors and blend again.

The fun thing about coloring cats is that there are so many color combinations. Here are some others I did with the same image.
I should note that I am NOT a trained artist. I've learned by reading a lot of blogs and remembering the art classes I took in middle school. :-)

9 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

THose are lovely! I like to color, but so not have any 'color' sense!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Those are terrific! I used to colour in colouring books even into my 20s, but haven't for a long, long time. I don't have any particular artistic or creative talents though. You have a great hobby!

-Mom Kim

Cat said...

Your colouring is gorgeous!!!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

those are all so pretty, but I think I like the calico one the best..

Roberta said...

You did a great job on coloring those cute kitties. They were purrfect.

Katnip Lounge said...

Oh what fun...I didn't realize that there was coloring for ADULTS! Not that I'm old or anything...

Your art is gorgeous, I like the lover left the best. Do you ever do crazy colors, like blue and green cats?

Old Kitty said...

Awwwwww how lovely and so creative!!! They're brilliant and the quote to go with these different coloured kitties is just perfect!!! Well done you!

A big hello to adorable Tucker, Sadie and Benny! take care
x

The Adventures of Scarlett and Melly said...

Thanks for the answer! I would never have guessed Tucker was a toe-biter - he must really practice that sweet-and-innocent look, eh?

Your kitten pictures are so cute! I have never heard of using goo-gone for blending, but what a good idea! The colors are so smooth.

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous! You are so creative.

Two kitties in a basket

 Check out this cuteness! Lucy and Ringo both squeezed into the old wicker bed. We've had this bed for many years; it was Benny's wh...