Thursday, November 1, 2012

Cat pinata, before and after

My nieces and nephews enjoy when I make pinatas for their birthdays. My younger niece asked me to make her a cat pinata, because "Aunt Rene likes cats and I like cats."

Before. I made the shape from a balloon, newspaper, and an empty box.

I used the traditional newspaper dipped in flour and water, adding a couple of layers each day. After:

I used pipe cleaners for the whiskers, and cardstock paper for the nose and eyes. I think it turned out pretty well. :-)

7 comments:

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Too cute! Too cute to be swung at!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That is very cute. The only time I tried to make one it was so hard it would not break!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

awesome job.. very clever

Kat said...

How cool!

Roberta said...

That is one cool cat pinata. You're so talented, Rene.

The Adventures of Scarlett and Melly said...

That is great! The finished kitty looks way too cool to break.

Anonymous said...

🐱

Two kitties in a basket

 Check out this cuteness! Lucy and Ringo both squeezed into the old wicker bed. We've had this bed for many years; it was Benny's wh...