Friday, January 11, 2013

Cat beds for the shelter

We are sad to report that our cat friend Rosie will need surgery for her lump. She may even have cancer. We are purring for her and Susan and hoping for the best.

A number of years ago, my grandma was on a fabric-buying spree. She bought tons of fleece. Unfortunately, some of it was either too small for a project, or not to my liking (I just can't get into Popeye and Brutus). However, despite the pattern, I knew the shelter cats would like warm beds made from them. I finally had time to sew some up.
 
They are pretty simple, but easily washable.

With the scraps, I sewed some reusable Swiffer pads. These are my own design and slide over the Swiffer mop head. I love them, and they last about two years. And bonus, they are practically free since I use scraps!

6 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

those are adorable and will be much appreciated. Swiffer pads, very clevar

(btw, I hope you saved one for poor Benny up there on your roof!)

Roberta said...

The shelter kitties will truly appreciate those nice, warm beds. They turned out great. What a cool idea to use the scraps as Swiffer pads and saving some money.

Keeping Rosie in my prayers and hoping for the best.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That is a very good use of fabric that you do nor want! Neat idea for the swiffer. I think they could use those at the shelter, too!

The Island Cats said...

What creative ways to use that fabric!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

What cute cat beds! The shelter kitties will love them. Mom loves the swiffer idea too.

Keeping Rosie and her mom in our purrs and thoughts for you.

Anonymous said...

Nice work on both counts (a belated comment now that LJ appears to be cooperating again).

Two kitties in a basket

 Check out this cuteness! Lucy and Ringo both squeezed into the old wicker bed. We've had this bed for many years; it was Benny's wh...