Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Cat nativity pieces

Last December, when Tucker and Sadie had vet appointments, I noticed a neat nativity display on the counter. All of the pieces were different breeds of dogs. I asked about it and they didn't know much about it. After doing some searches, I found they were made by Big Sky Carvers.

Guess what? Years ago, they did a cat nativity called the "Cativity." It was sold as three separate sets, a total of 11 pieces. Of course, it's long retired and hard to find. I did find two pieces (the Mary and Joseph) on eBay recently and bonus--the purchase supported a cat rescue group.


I like these, but one should be a gray tabby, like me.
They do have a gray tabby, Benny. It's the shepherd kitty.

If you ever spot these, grab them! They are well done and adorable. (And if you don't like them, I'll be happy to give them a home!) I am now scouring thrift stores because. . .you never know!

6 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I so do hope you find more! Have you set up ebay alerts to tell you when pieces are listed?

Rene said...

I looked into doing that Connie, but the problem is that they aren't always listed by manufacturer. I found these two listed as "cats with hats" figurines.

Roberta said...

Wow, what a great find. I hope you find the other remaining pieces to complete your set.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

I remember those! I did not get them at the time. Good luck!

The Island Cats said...

The mom would love to have this whole collection!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We have the complete set and it's so awesome!

A Sadie while I work from home

 I could hardly believe my eyes a couple of weeks ago. Sadie came and sat on the futon behind me as I worked from home one day. She'd ne...