Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thrifty Thursday: Fisher Price Peek a Blocks


My step-daughter is pregnant with her first baby, due in August, and I have been eyeing baby toys! (Jim is over-the-moon happy.)

I have long thought the Fisher Price Peek a Blocks were neat, but they are also expensive (about $15 for 6 of them).

However, the local St. Vincent dePaul often has some in bags of small toys that they sell for $1 each. I recently found 8 of them for about 20 cents each!


If you haven't seen these, each block as a visual or textural element to it. Some make noise, others have ribbons attached. The one in the middle of the photo above is full of sand.


I plan to keep an eye open to find more, so I can present a nice selection of them to the mom-to-be!

6 comments:

Laila and Minchie said...

Great find!

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

is that a turtle?

amyjtoo said...

I had forgotten about these since my nieces were young. Adore!

Rene said...

^That is actually a little frog.

Roberta said...

Those are so cool. I've never seen them before. I bet Tiny would like them, too.

Eileen said...

So cute! I've never seen those before but what a neat idea.

Two kitties on the porch couch

Ringo and Lucy both love to sneak out on the porch anytime they can (with sneak meaning that Jim opens the door for them).