Friday, May 15, 2015

Making progress with new cat

I know, if you name him, he's yours. . . I've named him Winston. Continuing our Beatles name theme, it's John Lennon's middle name. I've always thought that would be good for a Siamese kitty.

I discovered that he adores freeze-dried chicken. I sit by the truck and throw pieces closer and closer to me.
 He waits for the next piece.

 Then. . .he took pieces from my fingers. He was very gentle in doing this.

I even got to pet him a little!

I am anxious to get him into a vet--his eyes are watery and need to be looked at. Step by step, but I'm making good progress!

14 comments:

amyjtoo said...

Such a handsome/beautiful cat. Good luck!

The Rosie Bee said...

He's such a good boy. And I love the name! Paws crossed for continued progress.

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

Oh how sweet! You are doing an absolutely wonderful job! He knows you are a good family. He knows!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Fabulous! Paws crossed you're able to get him soon, poor sweetheart. Your caring heart fills our own hearts; thank you.

Goldie Goodwin said...

Wonderful. Nice name too! Your patience will pay off.

Random Felines said...

paws crossed for you and for Winston!!

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

put a carrier somewhere close but not where he can see it, and next time you pat him, grab him!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Poor guy - I'm glad your there for him. I hope it's just a kitty cold and he's fine otherwise.

Katnip Lounge said...

Thank goodness he's taming--he looks pretty rough. Good luck and bless you.

Also--HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY RINGO!!!!

The Island Cats said...

He's very handsome. We hope you can catch him.

Laila and Minchie said...

Hi Winston! What a handsome boy! Hope you can catch him soon.

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

That is great that the new kitty is getting more trusting of you. A lot of my kitties have runny eyes right now from the pollen.

Roberta said...

Great progress, Rene. Winston has already adopted you.

Maxwell Faraday Richman said...

*squeeee!* He's such a handsome mancat!!!! And yay for progress!!!!

His coloring reminds us a bit of a Natural Mink Tonkinese, too!

Improvements in Sadie

I'm still in my sling and typing is one handed. I wanted to give an update on Sadie. Since getting her dental in late August, she has be...