Thursday, March 3, 2016

Thrifty Thursday: Cozy mystery books


A couple of years ago, I was given a gift of a book in a new series called "The Bookmobile Cat" mysteries.  I had no idea what "cozy mysteries" were before this. Here is a definition:
    Cozy mysteries, also referred to simply as "cozies", are a subgenre of crime fiction in which sex and violence are downplayed or treated humorously, and the crime and detection take place in a small, socially intimate community.
    I've read a few books from other series and have enjoyed them. I recently found four books in a series about a coffee shop in a thrift store!

4 comments:

amyjtoo said...

Fun. I haven't tried these, but there was a series of dog-related ones set in the fudge shops of Mackinac Island that I downloaded from the library a while back.

Goldie Goodwin said...

I haven't paid much attention to these, but my interest is piqued now. Sounds like a fun way to relax

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

There are a lot of cat mysteries out there- I wish I had time to read them all.

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

They sound lovely

An evening with Sadie

This is Sadie. My mom's been giving me special treats to get me to some out from under the bed. I love them and come right out. Nom,...