We've had 8 weeks to learn about Lucy's personality. We're sure to learn many more things about her in the coming months, but here's what we've learned so far. . .
1. She likes to dangle her legs off of things. No matter if it's the cat tree or a scratching post, legs feel better when they hang loose!
2. She LOVES food, of any kind. No surprise here given her background, but we need to watch any people food left out, even for a moment.
3. Playing with wand toys is awesome. She loves them, especially Da Bird and Da Ball. She loves them so much that she's even ignored treats in favor of playing!
4. She is super curious about everything in each room. We've discovered things knocked over when we are either asleep or not home. Nothing has been broken, thankfully.
5. She has no interest in being near the exit door. I've heard stories of outdoor cats who are brought inside, and they never wish to go outside again. She seems to be this way, and we are grateful. We don't want her to dash outside again (though she is now microchipped).
|Staying inside is best!|
6. She is fearful of going inside of a carrier. A couple of weeks ago, she developed a skin condition on her back leg and required a vet trip. (She has a yeast infection, which we are treating, and we are removing fish from her diet in case it's a food allergy.) She panicked when I tried to put her in the carrier, though she was fine in the car and at the vets. Now she runs away when I put my jacket on. We're working on this--giving her a treat when we put on our coats, for instance.
7. She is very smart. Show her something once, and she remembers. She also has a good grasp of language. Say "no" and she'll stop.
|You can't fool me! I'm a smart kitteh.|
8. Ringo and her are on the way to being BFFs. It is a joy to see them run up and down the stairs in tandem. I await the day when Ringo cuddles up to her for a nap like he does with Benny and Sadie.
9. She wants to be around people. She sits in the bathroom with both Jim and I, just wanting to be nearby and part of the action.
10. She's FAST! If you open a door or the treat cabinet, she'll leap into the air or over any cat who's in the way to be first. She zooms up and down the stairs, and leaps high when playing. It's pretty amazing.