Thursday, April 6, 2017

Thrifty Thursday: Update on cat book purchase

This is sort of an update to a book I bought a few weeks ago.

I thought the puppet on the cover was so cute, so I wanted to make some. My first attempt wasn't so good. It was too thin, I didn't like the sequin eyes, and the tail was odd. Lucy ended up chewing off the tail later!
First attempt.

Back of first attempt. The orange dot is a bit of Lucy.

My second one was much better. This has Ringo and Benny fur. I used beads for the eyes and a little medallion on the collar.

Several cat bloggers have sent me fur, so I'm hoping to make more soon.

5 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Cute puppet! You have talent!

pilch92 said...

I am impressed. You did a great job on your first try.

Marg said...

Those look terrific. Well done. Looks like fun too. Have a great day.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I have a bunch of wee tiny bells that I thought must have some use, so I kept myself from throwing them out yesterday. I should send them to you

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I see Boodie's fur!!

Two kitties in a basket

 Check out this cuteness! Lucy and Ringo both squeezed into the old wicker bed. We've had this bed for many years; it was Benny's wh...