Thursday, April 6, 2017

Thrifty Thursday: Update on cat book purchase

This is sort of an update to a book I bought a few weeks ago.

I thought the puppet on the cover was so cute, so I wanted to make some. My first attempt wasn't so good. It was too thin, I didn't like the sequin eyes, and the tail was odd. Lucy ended up chewing off the tail later!
First attempt.

Back of first attempt. The orange dot is a bit of Lucy.

My second one was much better. This has Ringo and Benny fur. I used beads for the eyes and a little medallion on the collar.

Several cat bloggers have sent me fur, so I'm hoping to make more soon.

5 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Cute puppet! You have talent!

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

I am impressed. You did a great job on your first try.

Marg said...

Those look terrific. Well done. Looks like fun too. Have a great day.

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I have a bunch of wee tiny bells that I thought must have some use, so I kept myself from throwing them out yesterday. I should send them to you

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I see Boodie's fur!!

Two kitties on the porch couch

Ringo and Lucy both love to sneak out on the porch anytime they can (with sneak meaning that Jim opens the door for them).