Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Peewee, the dog who opened presents

In 1989, my parents bought Peewee, a six-month-old (neutered) male shih tzu. They hadn't owned an indoor dog before. Here's a photo of him from July 1990, sleeping on my bed.


We soon discovered that Peewee loved presents and would open gifts himself. Here he is, Christmas 1989, nosing around the piles of opened presents. My parents and sister Jill are in the background.

This is the only photo I could find of Peewee opening a gift in 1990. As he got older, he would help himself to gifts under the Christmas tree or sitting on the fireplace mantle.


Here's Peewee in his later years. His hair turned from brown to gray. Peewee died at the age of 12 1/2 from throat cancer. My mom kept his collar and puts it on the Christmas tree each year as a reminder of the dog who loved to open presents.



No comments:

A Sadie while I work from home

 I could hardly believe my eyes a couple of weeks ago. Sadie came and sat on the futon behind me as I worked from home one day. She'd ne...