Thursday, September 3, 2009

News about me

I apologize for the text-only post, but you'll soon understand why that is. . .

Last night, Jim and I were bicycling down a street that had a large railroad crossing. The tracks crossed the road at an odd angle. My front tire got caught in the gap between the rail and the road and I was thrown from my bike.

I spent three hours in the emergency room. All things considered, I'm quite fortunate. No broken bones or ligament/muscle tears. My left knee took a hard hit, and so did my right shoulder. I'm pretty banged up and in a lot of pain, but it could have been much worse.

My head hit the ground hard but I was wearing a helmet, so I have no head injuries. I've always worn a helmet while biking and learned that IT REALLY MATTERS!!!

I am off of work until September 8. I told Jim that I'd wanted a few extra days off, but not like this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow- I was wondering where you were today? I thought you were going to tell us that you found a bunch of cute stray kitties that needed a home. Sorry that your feeling pain. Hope all heals well and quickly. take care- be careful-

dmo

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That has to hurt! You take care of your self and get back on the bike as soon as you are well!

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Have a *very* restful weekend, if you can.

Two kitties in a basket

 Check out this cuteness! Lucy and Ringo both squeezed into the old wicker bed. We've had this bed for many years; it was Benny's wh...