Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A kitty toy you can make at home

In February, my friend Amy and I went to a pet expo. Several vendors sold cat toys made from an infant sock. I made a test pair of toys from a used pair of socks I found at the Salvation Army.

Here's how to make some for your kitties.
You'll need: some fiberfill stuffing, an infant sock (I used a 3-6 month size sock), matching thread, dried cat nip and ribbons and/or feathers (optional).
1. Stuff the sock halfway with fiberfill. Add some catnip.
2. Fill the sock about 3/4 full with fiberfill. Add more catnip.
3. Cut ribbons and/or feathers to match the sock.
4. Place ribbons/feathers in place along the sock's opening. Pin the sock closed.
5. Sew the opening closed with either a machine or by hand.
6. Let your kitties enjoy their new toy!

3 comments:

Angel and Kirby said...

Very cute, and easy!

Amy and The House of Cats said...

What a cute idea! Even I could do that I think!!

Whskr & Dash Kitten said...

BRILLIANT!!!!!

Two kitties on the porch couch

Ringo and Lucy both love to sneak out on the porch anytime they can (with sneak meaning that Jim opens the door for them).