Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A kitty toy you can make at home

In February, my friend Amy and I went to a pet expo. Several vendors sold cat toys made from an infant sock. I made a test pair of toys from a used pair of socks I found at the Salvation Army.

Here's how to make some for your kitties.
You'll need: some fiberfill stuffing, an infant sock (I used a 3-6 month size sock), matching thread, dried cat nip and ribbons and/or feathers (optional).
1. Stuff the sock halfway with fiberfill. Add some catnip.
2. Fill the sock about 3/4 full with fiberfill. Add more catnip.
3. Cut ribbons and/or feathers to match the sock.
4. Place ribbons/feathers in place along the sock's opening. Pin the sock closed.
5. Sew the opening closed with either a machine or by hand.
6. Let your kitties enjoy their new toy!

3 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Very cute, and easy!

Amy & the house of cats said...

What a cute idea! Even I could do that I think!!

M Dawson said...

BRILLIANT!!!!!

Two kitties in a basket

 Check out this cuteness! Lucy and Ringo both squeezed into the old wicker bed. We've had this bed for many years; it was Benny's wh...