Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Can I ask a favor of you?

As regular visitors know, I focus mostly on the cats here. However, I would like to ask you a small favor. My cousin Heidi is graduating from UW Milwaukee in a few weeks (on May 19). She's had a long road to get this far--her mom died of cancer when she was a teenager, and her dad is no longer part of her life (long story, he legally disowned her).

She could have gone down a bad path, but she got a swimming scholarship to UWM and has done well. Since she has little immediate family, I want to do something special to support her graduation. I am hoping to start a "card shower" by having people send her a card of support. If you would like to send her a card, please email me at rj_schweitzer @ yahoo.com (without the spaces) and I'll send you her address. 

Her mom would be so proud of her if she were alive today. She's become a beautiful person inside and out. Here is a recent photo of her I got off of Facebook.


Thank you. :-)

6 comments:

Old Kitty said...

What a lovely thought!! And this young woman is totally amazing!!! Will email you once I get off work!
:-) Take care
x

Cheri Wildcatwoods said...

Poor kid - that was a tough start in life. We will be happy to help with the card shower. I did that for my husband's 60th birthday it was fun!

cats of wildcat woods

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

email me, I'd be happy to! :)

Roberta said...

Heidi is a beauty. I see it runs in the family. Her Mom would be so proud of her and I know she's been watching over her all this time. I would love to send her a card, too. I wish her the very best in life.

Angel and Kirby said...

Her whole family should be proud of her. She has accomplished a lot under hard circumstances. Congratulations to Heidi!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Count us in at the cozy cottage of course! we will email you for her addy!
Love and purrrrrs Karla

Improvements in Sadie

I'm still in my sling and typing is one handed. I wanted to give an update on Sadie. Since getting her dental in late August, she has be...