Friday, July 19, 2013

Please allow me to geek out for a moment

I know some of our visitors are Beatles fans, so I wanted to share this with everyone. I have to credit Jim for my love of the Beatles (and much of their solo work in the following years). A few months ago, it was announced that Paul McCartney was coming to our town. We hesitated because ticket prices are so expensive. . .but decided that we couldn't pass it up.

He came to Miller Park (our baseball stadium) on Tuesday night. I picked Jim up from work and drove there. I took this photo in his office. I was so excited!


A photo from Jim's camera before the show.



The stage from where we sat. Our seats were pretty high up.

It was an awesome show. He performed 38 songs without a break--more than 2.5 hours! It was super hot and humid too--I don't know how he did it. He played a great mix of Beatles, Wings, and even some more recent songs too.



It was worth every penny. I loved experiencing it with Jim too. He's been a Beatles fan since he was a kid. If you get a chance to see Paul, go for it. You won't be disappointed.

6 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

YAY!
What a great time!

CATachresis said...

Do you know, when Paul sang at the London Olympics his voice was terrible!! I thought he must be too old, now! lol Glad you enjoyed!

Roberta said...

Wow, loved the photos. I still have a couple of their albums, too.

The Island Cats said...

The mom says....what fun!! She loves the Beatles and Paul was always her favorite. She always laughs at the fact that some young peeps don't know that he was in the Beatles!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That was a great experience to share!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Our mom was so jealous you went to see "her" Paul! But very happy for you at the same time. Worth every penny she spent to see him twice in a row in Chicago a few years ago.

A Sadie while I work from home

 I could hardly believe my eyes a couple of weeks ago. Sadie came and sat on the futon behind me as I worked from home one day. She'd ne...