Thursday, February 11, 2016

Thrifty Thursday: Another cat pin


If you've read the blog for a while, you know I have a love of cat pins/brooches. I found yet another one at the local St. Vincent dePaul--for .99!


It's been a while since I've cataloged and photographed my collection, which now numbers 68 pins! Click on any photo to enlarge.


Susan Wrigley pins (handmade of polymer clay):

Christmas pins:


Other holiday pins:

Year round pins:




You might be wondering if I have a favorite. Yes, I sure do. It belonged to my grandmother, and she gave it to me several years ago. She told me she wore it out dancing one night and lost it. Thankfully, a neighbor found it and returned it to her. I've only worn it once because I don't want to lose it. I love the "handmade" look of it.


Do you have any cat pins?

11 comments:

The Rosie Bee said...

This is amazing. I loved looking at all the pins!

Unknown said...

These pins are fantastic! I only have five pins, so I have a long way to go! Lots of variety. Your grandmother's pin is very special.
I have always liked pins as a jewelry fashion piece anyway.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I actually have a handful of the ones you have :)

I only counted 58, did you not share the others?

Anonymous said...

I think that pin would be my favorite also. I suppose I could wear a cat pin on my hat, but no I don't have any.

Greg

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

99cents is a steal! I love your collection! I have a large collection of cat jewelry that includes pins, and even one or two just like yours! LOVE the one your Grandmother gave you! I'd take it to a jeweler and have them check the clasp, most of the time they'll assess for free and let you know if it needs work. Just to be safe and so you could wear it because its as beautiful as it is unique!

The Island Cats said...

What a great collection of cat pins! I have a few...not nearly as many as you. ~Island Cat Mom

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

My human loves your pins! She has a few but not many - she's not a collector, but she treasures the ones she does have.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

love that blue pin and ALL of your pins! I have a number of cat pins but not nearly as many as you have! catchatwithcarenandcody

pilch92 said...

That is a beautiful collection and your latest is a great find. I have about 8, but I never wear them out because I lost one once and was not lucky enough to find it like your grandmother was.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

What a beautiful collection! I have a few of the same ones.

Anonymous said...

Chessie! (Sorry, I know I always react to those.)

And I'm still in love with the bird-watching one, as I have a print on my wall with a similar theme.

Two kitties in a basket

 Check out this cuteness! Lucy and Ringo both squeezed into the old wicker bed. We've had this bed for many years; it was Benny's wh...