Thursday, May 25, 2017

Thrifty Thursday: Citywide rummage sale finds


If you've been visiting for a while, you might remember that I head to my hometown each May for their annual citywide rummage sales. My sister and I go for the entire day, and it's a lot of fun. I didn't find a lot this year, but I still enjoy going out and seeing what people are selling.

The night before, I visited a St. Vincent dePaul "Dig & Save" outlet. You buy things by the pound. I found this GIANT spool of yarn for $1.33! It will make tons of cat blankets for the local shelter.
Ringo: Wow, mom, this is a lot of yarn!


I found a neat old chicken yard ornament for .50.

I also found some older kitchen utensils. These forks could be serious weapons! The item on the right is a pickle fork.

This was not a yard sale find, but I thought I'd share it anyway. My parents gave me a concrete St. Francis of Assisi statue for my birthday. He is the patron saint of animals. There's an amazing concrete statue place about 30 minutes from their place that sells thousands of statues. I've wanted one of these for many years.

7 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

You definitely scored well! And I too want a St. Francis statue; shopping for one is one my 'to-do' list for this long weekend!

Random Felines said...

wow - the thing of yarn is a huge find....and very nice new statue

Amy J said...

So how did Fox Valley dig and save rate vs. Madison? :-)

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

THAT'S a ball of yarn? Before I read the post, I thought it was a vase or something! That is massive. Love the statue!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

now that's a yarnball :) What a very nice gift from your parents.

pilch92 said...

That is a beautiful statue. You got some great deals too.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Such fun finds! I've never even heard of a Dig & Save outlet!

Two kitties in a basket

 Check out this cuteness! Lucy and Ringo both squeezed into the old wicker bed. We've had this bed for many years; it was Benny's wh...