Thursday, September 26, 2013

A tale of, um, tails

A post by Waffles and his impressive 15"-long tail made me curious. How long were our cat's tails? I got out the tape measure to find out.

First, I give Glogirly kudos. None of the cats wanted anything to do with this. This is the only photo I could even get.

The results:
Tucker was 11.5"
Sadie was 10" (impressive since she is half the size and weight of Tucker)
Benny's length is not accurate. He got upset when I tried to measure it, so I had to estimate. It was approximately 11"

We want to start a trend! Measure your cat's tail and tell us what length it is. Is Waffles' tail the longest in the Cat Blogosphere?

Unrelated to the tail length: Connie at tails of the foster kittens posted some neat videos today. Check them out!

7 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

I need to measure Kirby's. His is very long and he carries it straight up!

GLOGIRLY said...

hahaha!!!
We LOVE this!!!

I wonder...is Waffles' tail REALLY the longest???
OMC!

; )

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

lol. Now I so totally want to get out the tape :)

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I think we should measure it as a percentage of each cat's overall length... because worked out that way, I am pretty sure I would win! At 12", my tail may not be as long as Waffles', but it is a larger percent of my overall length, I bet! I am a small cat.

Roberta said...

Tiny's tail was a short 9" to match his small size. Maybe he has the shortest tail. :-)

The Island Cats said...

Dang, the mom is coming after us with a tape measure!

The Adventures of Scarlett and Melly said...

Ooh, I'll have to try this!

Two kitties in a basket

 Check out this cuteness! Lucy and Ringo both squeezed into the old wicker bed. We've had this bed for many years; it was Benny's wh...