Wednesday, December 5, 2018

It's Lucy's second Gotcha Day!

Two years ago today, we trapped Lucy and had her spayed, thinking she was feral. However, the night of her spay, when she was recovering in the carrier, I decided to open the door and let her out in our enclosed porch. I sat quietly on the couch out there, and within minutes she had crawled onto my lap and was purring.

I admit I was a goner immediately. The shelter had already said they would not take her due to her "unknown" history, and we could not let her back into the cold outdoors.

She has become an active, curious, and devoted girl. You need to earn her trust, but once you have it, she is all yours. We love you, Lucy girl, and sure are glad you chose our backyard!








12 comments:

Amy J said...

Wow, it's only been two years? Continue enjoying the good life, sweetie.

The Rosie Bee said...

I love this! She sure picked a good home. :) It's been a joy to see her blossom!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Happy Gotcha Day Lucy!

Eastside Cats said...

I am totally blown away that it's been 2 years, Lucy! Look how far you've come, pretty kitty! Happy Gotchaversary!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Happy gotcha day to Lucy! I think she was yours from the start.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

it feels like she has been with you forever..

Happy Gotcha Day

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Hope your special day has been just purrfect!

The Island Cats said...

Wow, two years already. Happy Gotcha Day to Lucy!

pilch92 said...

Happy Gotcha Day sweet Lucy!

M Dawson said...

Happy gotcher day, I hope it was a good one!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I remember when you got her! Can't believe it's 2 years already! Happy Happy Gotcha Day sweet Lucy!

catladymac said...

Happy Gotcha, Lucy - and may you celebrate many more !

A Sadie while I work from home

 I could hardly believe my eyes a couple of weeks ago. Sadie came and sat on the futon behind me as I worked from home one day. She'd ne...