Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Check ups for Sadie and Ringo

Last Friday, I brought Ringo and Sadie in for check ups at the vet. Ringo only needed his anal glands expressed (he has this done every 4 months).

I'm in my hiding spot. No one will find me here!

Sadie was rather cooperative. When I opened the carrier, she came out and quietly sat on the exam table.

We had blood work sent out, and that was all normal, but as I suspected, she needs a dental. Her breath is bad and she has inflamed gums and lots of tartar build up, so we know it's time. We hope she doesn't need any more extractions (she's had six so far), but given her past, her dentals are usually worse than they appear. We take her in on May 3.

9 comments:

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Ringo looks just like Lexy! We hope all goes well with Sadie's dental. Lexy just had hers done and luckily it wasn't that bad. Just two little molars had to come out.

Eastside Cats said...

I hate going to the vet's office too, kitties!

Amy J said...

Ahh, calicos and their teeth - I need to get Cassie scheduled too.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Paws crossed that Sadie doesn't need too extensive of a dental.

pilch92 said...

I will be praying all goes well for Sadie. And if she gets any extractions, the Tooth Fairy will send her toys.

catladymac said...

Purrayers that all will go well with Sadie's dental or, No doubt she will feel better, but it is stressful on her - and you !

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Purrs for Sadie!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

We have to dump the carrier when we take Bear to the vet - and let me tell you - he's good at doing whatever he can to stay in the carrier. He's similar to Sadie in the dental situation. I can't even remember how many extractions he's had anymore - and he gets pockets under his teeth that the vet can't see unless Bear's out cold. And I've brushed his teeth since he was a year or so old - when he had his first extraction.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Poor Ringo, what a task to have that done so often

A Sadie while I work from home

 I could hardly believe my eyes a couple of weeks ago. Sadie came and sat on the futon behind me as I worked from home one day. She'd ne...