Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Thinking of Diamond today

On bitterly cold days like today in Wisconsin (it's 8 degrees as I type this), I think about the stray and feral cats who live outdoors.

I wonder if Diamond, Lucy's offspring, is still alive. We trapped him in September 2018 and released him and he has not been seen since October 2018.



I wonder if he's still alive. Perhaps he isn't. Maybe he befriended someone else who is feeding him? Or he may have moved on. Either way, I hope he is alive and faring ok in this weather. If he ever stops by, I'll be happy to bring him some fresh canned food.

4 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

I know the feeling! When Hobo disappeared from his usual twice-a-day feedings at our deck, I searched high and low for him. After over a year, I screwed up my courage and started asking people if they'd seen him, and I found a guy at the other end of our block who was feeding him, calling him OC (Outdoor Cat). The relief was indescribable, however Sweetie's two kittens disappeared and I've never found them.
We can only send our love out into the world, and hope our lost kitties feel it. It's very hard.

Summer said...

I do hope that Diamond is okay.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Purrs for every kitty who must face this harsh weather :(

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

<3

A Sadie while I work from home

 I could hardly believe my eyes a couple of weeks ago. Sadie came and sat on the futon behind me as I worked from home one day. She'd ne...