Monday, November 30, 2020

A special way to remember Benny

 When Benny died, I asked the vet if she could save us a bit of his fur. I never did this with Tucker and I regretted it. Weeks go by, and I never heard from the vet, so I'd assumed she'd forgotten. Imagine my surprise when they called and said they had both fur and paw prints images!

I wanted to do something special with them, but needed inspiration. . . .

Last week, while browsing in my favorite thrift store, I found a clear plastic ornament that had potential. I added glitter, ribbon, and a bow on the outside. On the inside, I added bits of fur and carefully inserted the paw print.

I like how it turned out. It will hang on the tree next to Tucker's special ornament.

Back

Front


11 comments:

Amy J said...

Aww, that's sweet

Catscue said...

That is wonderful, I would have never thought of that and it is lovely.

Summer said...

You created such a beautiful way to remember Benny.

Kea said...

That's a great idea, I wouldn't have thought of doing something like that. I asked for fur from all my fur babies (Chumley, Annie and Nicki), and I have Annie's and Nicki's paw prints as well, but I find it sad to look at them. I never take the fur out of their wrapping (wrapped and in a box). I'm glad I have some from them all, though.

Purrs from Derry

Layla Morgan Wilde said...

I love this idea! I made an ornament last year from a paw print but adding fur is bonus.

pilch92 said...

That is such a beautiful way to keep Benny in mind at Christmas. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That is SO beautiful!

The Island Cats said...

What a special ornament that is.

catladymac said...

Sweet !

ZOOLATRY said...

Beautiful, thoughtful and just perfect.

Timmy Tomcat said...

What a wonderful idea! Benny will be in your heart always but sharing Christmas with our furs is always special and now he can again!

Finally Friday from ridiculous Ringo

 I was on a work trip last week to Pennsylvania. It was a four day, three night whirlwind where I met tons of people and got many good conta...