Wednesday, May 5, 2021

A new crochet project: Orphaned kitten sweaters

 As some of you might remember, I've been crocheting cat beds for the local shelter for several years. It's a nice project, relaxing while I watch tv. However, our friend Connie sent a suggestion to me: Would I be willing to crochet sweaters for orphaned kittens?

After seeing the blog post, the answer was yes!

I've started making The Millie, the smallest size, and have made four so far. I found a small plushie to model one for you.*




*Note that this one doesn't have Velcro sewed on just yet.


If you're interested in trying this, here is the blog post with instructions.

Here is information about the organization.

I love everything about this--kittens benefit and I get warm fuzzies by making them.

10 comments:

Catscue said...

Awww, those sweaters are so cute and tiny!

Karen C. said...

That's adorable! The kittens must feel so safe and warm and snuggly when they wear those. What a wonderful thing you're doing!
Midnight & Cocoa
Mini & Fluff
Tyler & Marty
Beeb, Beanie & Bella

pilch92 said...

That is so sweet of you to do. It looks like something I could handle crocheting so I will go over and get the pattern. Thanks for sharing. XO

Eastside Cats said...

Nice work, and now you MUST post images of kittens wearing them too!
MUST!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

OMC this is fantastic! Thank you for doing this for the babies.

Amy J said...

Interesting, but am having a hard time picturing kittens patient enough to put up with sweaters. :-)

Summer said...

Aww, what an awesome project!

Marvelous Marv said...

What a wonderful thing to make! Totally necessary and totally adorable! You ROCK!

ZOOLATRY said...

A lovely and caring project ...

Timmy Tomcat said...

What a wonderful project you are taking on. We can imagine the great feelings you are getting. Super Duper

A Sadie while I work from home

 I could hardly believe my eyes a couple of weeks ago. Sadie came and sat on the futon behind me as I worked from home one day. She'd ne...