Friday, February 4, 2022

We're still here, taking it day by day

 Hello all, my surgery went as expected and so far, I'm recovering as expected. Here is my before and after x-ray. The difference is pretty amazing.

x-ray of two feet


I'm not allowed to put any weight on the foot for a few weeks yet, and that is getting frustrating. But, the cats have been amazing nurses--all three of them! Ringo was pretty scared of the knee scooter at first, but he came around and is asking for cuddles every day.

woman and cat on couch

We had a small scare with Sadie last week and I had to get a ride to take her to the vet. She had three days of vomiting, diarrhea, and not eating (or eating very little). Thankfully, a little supportive care and some anti-nausea medication got her through. I worry more about her as she ages (she's 13).

calico cat wrapped in blanket

We hope all of you are doing well!

10 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Oh my word!
Hope the cats do a great nursing job, and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Mickey's Musings said...

Yikes!!!! That looks really hurty!!!
I bet you are happy to have that fixed even if it means recovery time.
I'm sure the cats will love the lap time ;)

Purrs, Julie and the mum

catladymac said...

We are glad you are recovering well (it hurts just looking at your "before" X ray !) and glad Sadie is doing better and Ringo is not shy of the scooter any more.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You couldn't have cuter nurses! Hope you heal quickly :)

pilch92 said...

Glad you and Sadie are OK. Looks like you have good nurses. XO

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Glad you and Sadie are on the mend! Cats really do make great nurses!

Summer said...

Wow, your foot looks SO much better! Heal soon - I'm glad Sadie is okay.

The Island Cats said...

I’m sending you healing purrs…and I’m glad Sadie is doing better. ~Ernie

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

We're sending healing purrs to all. And we're glad Sadie is doing better.

Amy J said...

Glad that the cats are being excellent nurses. (But I refuse to believe sweet pocket-baby-Sadie can be 13.)

Finally Friday from ridiculous Ringo

 I was on a work trip last week to Pennsylvania. It was a four day, three night whirlwind where I met tons of people and got many good conta...