Thursday, January 25, 2024

Ringo has some opinions

 

black and white cat meowing

I had to work a little late one evening recently, and Ringo had some opinions about that (none of them good). Sorry, Ringo, but sometimes there's just not enough hours in the workday to get things done. And it was only for one hour.

It's been a rough start to the year. My mom (Rene) learned she had breast cancer just after Christmas. She had stage 3 breast cancer 32 years ago, and the doctors think a cell or two migrated and went dormant for all of that time. She had her first chemo last week and, unfortunately, it put her in the hospital. It seems she's picked up every kind of infection there is, from a UTI, thrush, and an infected scratch on her arm. Plus, of course, diarrhea, low platelet count, and dehydration.

I'm thankful to have two sisters who are nurses. I've visited once and plan to make more trips, but right now we're waiting to see what changes will be made to her treatment plan. Prayers or good thoughts would be appreciated. It makes me sad to see her having to go through this again.

5 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Oh no.
Sending your mom purrs and hugs.
Ringo gets a few too, since he was so very inconvenienced.
;-)

catladymac said...

Sending your Mom (and you and your sisters and the kitties) purrayers and Power of the Paw .

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Sending purrs and prayers to your mom. I know how hard it is to watch your parents struggle with health issues.

pilch92 said...

Ringo is a cutie. I will add your mom to my prayer list. Breast cancer is so sneaky and awful. XO

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

My cats always have a lot to say, too!

Thinking of you and your Mom.

I'm innocent, I swear!

 Lucy was in a playful mood last week, zooming around and messing up the hallway rug. However, when I'd come to take a photo, she'd ...