Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Crockpot granola recipe

A yummy recipe from the Crockpot cooking blog. I've been enjoying this for breakfast for about a week. 

4 T. butter or margarine
3/4 c. honey (I used organic)
4 1/2 c. oats (I used quick cooking)
1 c. ground flax seed
1/2 c. pecans
1/2 c. slivered almonds
1 c. raisins (you could use Craisins and/or dates too)

Combine the dry ingredients in the crock pot. Melt the butter in the microwave and add to dry ingredients. Stir in honey. Cover, but vent with a bamboo or chop stick. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.

Pour onto a cookie sheet or baking pan lined with parchment paper. Let dry overnight. Store in Tupperware container or Ziploc bag. Yummy and loaded with fiber!

No comments:

Finally Friday from ridiculous Ringo

 I was on a work trip last week to Pennsylvania. It was a four day, three night whirlwind where I met tons of people and got many good conta...