Thursday, February 28, 2019

Thrifty Thursday: Old children's books about cats

This is actually a gifty Thursday. A friend of mine has given me two old children's books that are about cats. One is from 1915, and is a cut-out book shaped like a tabby cat.


The inside has some pages with two colors and others with full color, like this one.

This book is pretty special. It's from 1886! Please excuse some of the photos. I did not want to fully press down the book's spine because of its age.

The cover has some amazing cat drawings.

The back cover has some great illustrations also. I adore the kitties in the sea shells.

Inside are several different stories and a number of amazing illustrations.




It's neat to think about this old book and where it may have been all of these years.

12 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

I recognize the mama cat with kittens on the globe image! What a terrific set of books!

pilch92 said...

Those are nice books.

Amy J said...

Love it - but then, I am a sucker for a good picture book with cats.

Catscue Cat Mom said...

That is just precious! Lucky you, what a nice friend you have. Thanks for sharing with us.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Wow, these are really special! Vintage books are so cool - it's like they have memories imbedded in them.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

I love old books and have a collection, but cats rarely appear in them, I am sorry to say. I love the ones you shared today!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

what a lovely gift

World of Animals, Inc said...

These are some pretty awesome books. They are still in such a great shape for the age. That was a nice gift to receive. Thanks for sharing with us. Have a great day.
World of Animals

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Now those are pure treasures! I would love to add those to my cat book collection.

Sweet Purrfections said...

Wow! These books are very special! I had a lot of children's books when I taught middle school but gave them away to a new teacher when I retired from teaching. I sometimes wished I'd kept them,but I don't have the room.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

I'm sure they've served as cat beds for many esteemed kitties.

Roberta said...

Those books are so pawsome and they found a good home with you.

I'm innocent, I swear!

 Lucy was in a playful mood last week, zooming around and messing up the hallway rug. However, when I'd come to take a photo, she'd ...