Thursday, January 7, 2021

Thrifty Thursday: Great Greetings card maker and kitty stamp

 


Today I have both a gifty and a thrifty item! The first item is something our friend Amy surprised us with recently. It's a "Great Greetings" card maker set for kids. On a google search, it dates from around 1978-1982.


Do any of you remember Fashion Plates? This is a similar design, in that you put embossed plastic plants into a holder, put a piece of paper over the top, and rub with a crayon to make a design.


One of the designs even has a kitty!

The second item is a cute rubber stamp I found at the thrift store. It's by a now-defunct company called PSX. They made all sorts of great stamps back in the day. I thought she would make a cute Mother's Day card.



7 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

I don't recall Fashion Plates, but I do remember when in elementary school and carving a design into a block, to ink and make our own 'art'. I'd like to try my hand at that again.

Amy J said...

The mama cat stamp is adorable.

As to the card making kit, I wouldn't have hazarded a guess to its age. I still keep wondering with that sticker on the front if it might have been from when we did "gift for a girl/gift for a boy" Christmas present exchanges in grade school.

Marvelous Marv said...

Those are cool finds!

pilch92 said...

I don't remember those. Looks like great finds.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I don't remember those either. Adorable stamp!

Summer said...

What cool finds!

Timmy Tomcat said...

We love them both. Goodness what finds

A Sadie while I work from home

 I could hardly believe my eyes a couple of weeks ago. Sadie came and sat on the futon behind me as I worked from home one day. She'd ne...